All spectators are reminded that motorsport can be dangerous and despite taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
Rally cars can do the unexpected so, for your own safety and that of others, please:
- Respect the marshals and follow their instructions.
- Observe the colour coded tape and all signage.
- Use the natural environment to protect yourself.
- Don’t walk on the rally stage.
- Always stay standing and remain alert.
- Remember that alcohol and drugs can impair your responses and threaten your safety on the Stage:
- DANGER NO SPECTATORS BEYOND THIS POINT – means that …
- Look after yourself and don’t place yourself or others in danger.
- Plan to be in your chosen location 45 minutes before the first car is due.
- Look after your children.
- No dogs unless disabled-assistance dogs.
- The Motorsport Ireland Safety will expect everyone to be in location when they come around, this will be 30 – 40 minutes before the first car is due. The MI Safety can and will cancel stages if people are not standing in appropriate places.
- The organisers will stop or cancel any stages if they consider that the safety of spectators, competitors or officials may be compromised.
- Research your chosen spectator viewing area without walking on the special stage.
The marshals are all volunteers and are also very professional. Please respect them and their requests in order to ensure that we all have a safe and enjoyable rally.
- Please be considerate to other spectators to ensure everyone can enjoy the event.
- Listen to the marshals – they are there to help you and ensure the event runs within the safety guidelines prescribed by the FIA and Motorsport Ireland, the governing body of Irish Motor Sport.
- If you do not abide by the instructions of marshals and event officials, the stage may be stopped or cancelled.
- Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened. Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour towards officials (who are all volunteers) will not be tolerated and spectators will be evicted from the event.
- Please take all litter home with you or place it in the skips or black bags provided for this purpose.
- Do not light fires or barbeques. They can cause major fires with serious consequences.
- Do not bring fireworks to the event. They are very dangerous and could cause a serious incident with either other spectators or the competitors.
- Much of the Rally takes place in areas containing significant agricultural, forestry and nature conservation interests. Please follow the Countryside Code at all times.
- Consider your own safety and that of others at all time.