Countdown to the Rally of the Lakes
Welcome to Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes 2019
The Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes is getting into gear for the upcoming 40th Anniversary event taking place over the May Bank holiday weekend (3rd, 4th & 5th of May). The event is hosted by Killarney and District Motor Club.
Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes is regarded as the jewel in the crown of Irish rallying. This year the event is celebrating the 40th running of this now-legendary motorsport event, with planned celebrations bringing together familiar faces and cars, both past and present, from the Irish and International rallying scene.
Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes 2019 launch night This is another great video from Gerard O Riordan capturing the photoshoot set up and the speeches at Cartell.ie Rally of The Lakes Launch night which was held in the Gleneagle Hotel on...read more
Dermot Healy, Clerk of the Course , John Byrne (cartell.ie), Patrick O'Donoghue, Gleneagle Hotel, Donal Lawlor (cartell.ie), Diarmuid Cronin, Killarney and District Motor Club Chairman, and Jonathan McCluskey (cartell.ie) at the launch of the Cartell.ie International...read more
We've taken another look back at the Killarney Advertiser archives - to the Dec 11th 1981 and Dec 16th 1983 issues. There was a significant amount of column inches given to the Rally of the Lakes. The articles starts with discussion about whether the Rally would...read more
Click for online Entry – EVO Online Registration.
Seeded Entry List – Coming Soon
Time & Distance Schedule – Coming Soon
Final Instructions 1 – Coming Soon
Final Instructions 2 – Coming Soon
Saturday Start Times – Coming Soon
Sunday Start Times – Coming Soon
Rally of the Lakes 2018 Results Link
All spectators are reminded that motorsport can be dangerous and despite taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
Rally cars can do the unexpected so, for your own safety and that of others, please:
- Respect the marshals and follow their instructions.
- Observe the colour coded tape and all signage.
- Use the natural environment to protect yourself.
- Don’t walk on the rally stage.
- Always stay standing and remain alert.
- Remember that alcohol and drugs can impair your responses and threaten your safety on the Stage:
- DANGER NO SPECTATORS BEYOND THIS POINT – means that …
- Look after yourself and don’t place yourself or others in danger.
- Plan to be in your chosen location 45 minutes before the first car is due.
- Look after your children.
- No dogs unless disabled-assistance dogs.
- The Motorsport Ireland Safety will expect everyone to be in location when they come around, this will be 30 – 40 minutes before the first car is due. The MI Safety can and will cancel stages if people are not standing in appropriate places.
- The organisers will stop or cancel any stages if they consider that the safety of spectators, competitors or officials may be compromised.
- Research your chosen spectator viewing area without walking on the special stage.
The marshals are all volunteers and are also very professional. Please respect them and their requests in order to ensure that we all have a safe and enjoyable rally.
- Please be considerate to other spectators to ensure everyone can enjoy the event.
- Listen to the marshals – they are there to help you and ensure the event runs within the safety guidelines prescribed by the FIA and Motorsport Ireland, the governing body of Irish Motor Sport.
- If you do not abide by the instructions of marshals and event officials, the stage may be stopped or cancelled.
- Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened. Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour towards officials (who are all volunteers) will not be tolerated and spectators will be evicted from the event.
- Please take all litter home with you or place it in the skips or black bags provided for this purpose.
- Do not light fires or barbeques. They can cause major fires with serious consequences.
- Do not bring fireworks to the event. They are very dangerous and could cause a serious incident with either other spectators or the competitors.
- Much of the Rally takes place in areas containing significant agricultural, forestry and nature conservation interests. Please follow the Countryside Code at all times.
- Consider your own safety and that of others at all time.
In association with
We are inviting you to join us in supporting our event again this year by placing an advertisement in our 140-page 40th Celebration programme. This year’s production run of 7,000 copies is an excellent medium for you to advertise your products or services to a target audience who will converge on Killarney town for this feast of motorsport. The jewel in the crown of Irish rallying, excellent organisation, phenomenal stages and a great Kerry welcome make the Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes one of the best rallies in Europe too. Killarney is a brand name for motorsport fans throughout the UK and mainland Europe, making the May Bank holiday weekend a very important calendar date for one of the best destinations in the world. The benefits in specialised tourism for Killarney and the surrounding areas are key to remaining one of the world’s great destinations. If you are interested in placing an advertisement in this excellent programme, please contact the Clerk of the Course,
Dermot Healy I t: +353 (0) 87 257 4766 I e: email@example.com